Links to other sites, mostly MTB related, some random…
If you have a mountain bike site or another site that’s related and want a link exchange, please contact us. We generally only link to related sites or ones we really like
- Atlanta Hotel – friendly B&B hotel in Scarborough. Bike storage, bike wash facilities & space to dry kit. Evening meals available. Chasing Trails can provide transport to the trails from Scarborough if you require it
- the Waves B&B – Quality Four Star Silver Award Bed and Breakfast on Scarborough’s South Cliff, near the Spa Complex. Has an award for their breakfast menu with choices from free range Full English to Vegetarian using local and organic produce. As with any accommodation in Scarborough Chasing Trails can provide transport to the trails if you require
- Rowan holiday Cottage – a three bedroomed cottage offering flexible start dates and holiday durations. The cottage sleeps up to six people and offers beautiful views over the delightful Esk Valley.
- Kale Pot Cottage – a converted 18th Century barn offering peace and tranquillity. Lot’s of local wildlife. Located 10 miles north of Pickering and 45 mins from York
- Keepers Cottage – a ‘Visit Britain’ 4* holiday cottage in Gillamoor, not far from Kirkbymoorside. Cyclists & walkers welcome
- Southmoor Farm – a friendly B&B in Dalby Forest near to the trails. A few minutes from Dixon Hollow
- Ox Pasture Hall – luxury country house hotel with spectacular views & a very well reviewed restaurant.
* Although the list above are cyclist friendly please check that the facilities suit your requirements
Scarborough YHA – nice old mill near North Bay. Check with them for info – but if you heard that it was due to close a while back, that fortunately didn’t happen. They’re permanently open for bookings!
A list of accommodation in Scarborough & the North York Moors area. Look for the official ‘Cyclists Welcome’ accommodation badge. Some of the others will also be happy to provide secure storage if you ask
Other accommodation info:
North York Moors B&B Guest Houses
- Cotic – some of the sweetest handling, fastest, smoothest steel bikes you’ll find. Local to Dalby, EDS Bikes in Snainton are a dealer. They rather nice steel & ti frames from other brands
- Orange Mountain Bikes – a great bike company & historically the most successful worldcup downhill team. Did you get the fact that they’re also British? They build prototypes & production full sussers in Halifax & test everything in the local area. Peaty used to ride for them, Danny Mac has one & the legend that is Guy Martin also rides Orange
- Fatbikes! If you believe in x=n+1 you’ll want a fatbike either now or in the near future. EDS sell Surly & Salsa with a great guided tryout service on models where they have a demo bike
- Banshee Bikes – I’m riding the Rune V2 at the moment. 160mm travel, easily adjustable geometry, climbs like a lighter, shorter travel bike, flies downhill. EDS Bikes are the local dealer
- velvet cycles – small US custom builder. Mostly road bikes pictured on the site, but will build anything. Straightforward, nice but common sense attitude. Frames look unique & amazing quality, didn’t think I liked lugged frames until I saw these… Why a US brand? Everyone likes to look at bike websites & they were one of the first to link to Chasing Trails waaaay back
- Renovo – if you must have a road bike …and you have lots of cash, how cool are these?
- Retrobike links directory – loads of cool old school bikes to reminisce over, maybe even look for on ebay…
- howies – quality base & mid layers that work & they’ve got back into more technical cycle clothing. They’re also ethical
- trail 42 – another ethical clothing company. I like their stuff – simple, functional & it looks good
- EDS Bikes – based in Snainton & specialising in steel, ti, singlespeed & fat-bikes amongst other things! They also stock Forme, designed in Yorkshire & Banshee, a high performance Canadian brand designed in Edinburgh by a Scottish bloke …so they work in the UK!
- Richardson’s Cycles Scarborough – established local bike shop. Great service, good prices, honest advice
- Greenoil – Genuinly green bike lube, bike wash & an awesome chain cleaner
- mucky nutz – a UK company formed by a group of biking mates to design & make bike related products. We’ve had a link up since their early days & their mudguards are now legendary!
- KS Suspension – I love dropper posts, have come to see them as an essential. Try one & you’ll never go back! I’ve been on 27.2mm until recently which KS make, unlike many brands. Used to use a Gravitydropper but I prefer these so far